If you're in a hurry and just looking for the best mattress for bed wetters, then the Drive Medical Quick'n Easy Comfort Mattress is the best one.
What is the best mattress for bed wetters? If this question has been troubling you for some time, today is your lucky day.
Bed wetting or urinary incontinence is one of the most embarrassing conditions affecting both children and adults.
While the majority of kids are trained to control their bladders successfully by ages 6-7, many more continue to wet their beds until much later.
Bed wetting in adults is actually more common that you might think. In fact, it is estimated that 2 percent of adults wet their beds on a frequent basis.
This is usually as a result of bladder problems caused by a wide range of medical conditions ranging from Diabetes to Sleep Apnea. Prostrate Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s Disease have also been linked with bed wetting.
The good news is you don't have to lose hope if you or someone you love is currently suffering from urinary incontinence.
With the current advancements in the mattress industry, sleeping and waking up comfortably with dignity has just become possible.
Top 5 Waterproof Mattresses for Adult and Kid Bedwetters
Here are the 5 best bed-wetting mattresses for kids and adults you should consider. If waking up dry and comfortable is a priority, you cant afford not to pay attention to the unique features each of them has to offer.
Drive Medical Quick'n Easy Comfort Mattress - Editor's Choice
The Drive Medical Quick'n Easy Comfort Mattress has made lots of waves ever since its release on the market. It provides several features that make it more than a standard bed-wetting mattress.
Patients in long-term care facilities benefit immensely from the multi-layered high-density foam used in this mattress.
It comes in the form of 3 full layers of foam engineered to provide exceptional pressure redistribution for everyone.
The mattress cover is manufactured from quality water-permeable vapor nylon with extreme water resistance capabilities.
This 2-way stretch cover gives sleepers absolute comfort and the highest standards of hygiene required to keep them healthy and happy.
And oh, no need to re-mortgage your home to get your hands on this model because it comes with a very generous price tag.
In fact, it is the best bed-wetting mattress for those on a budget.
- Easy-to-clean waterproof cover doesn’t just provide protection from fluids but it is also fire-retardant and tear-resistant
- The true memory foam heel section and unique-cut top layer takes pressure redistribution to the next level
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- 6-inch foam isn’t the thickest out there even if it gets the job done
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Drive Medical Quick'n Easy Comfort Mattress delivers a lot of outstanding features which are hard to ignore
- The top layer of the foam is resilient enough to provide the level of comfort patients require.
- Pressure ulcers are effectively eliminated by the ultra-soft heel section crafted to enable extremely low pressure upon contact with the skin.
- This incontinence mattress comes with an extremely low moisture transmission rate. This keeps patients cool, happy, comfortable, and dignified.
Bariatric Waterproof - Plus-Size Bedwetter Mattress
The Bariatric Waterproof/Incontinence Mattress stands out as one of the best urine-proof mattresses money can buy at the moment. If you are tired of your hospital or bedroom smelling like pee, you’ve got to take a good look at this model.
It is made from a zoned high-density foam core and crafted with the special needs of bariatric patients in mind.
The manufacturer integrates the perfect blend of soft, medium, and firm foams. This transforms into an amazing sleeping surface everyone falls in love with.
The world-class design and use of advanced manufacturing innovations means you can expect it to last much longer than innersprings and other rival models in the waterproof bedding industry today.
Worried about how to clean up after your loved one? Well, it’ll interest you to know that it can be done with minimal stress.
All you have to do is to wipe the whole surface area with a mild disinfectant such as Simple Green.
Also, the vinyl cover is soft and sealed while being waterproof, odor-free, and non-allergenic.
- Manufactured from uniquely crafted zoned high-density foam to meet the needs of bariatric patients
- Guarantees quick and stress-free cleanup
- Features CertiPUR-US certified foams free from toxic chemicals such as ozone depleters, phthalates, arsenicals, and heavy metals
- The price tag may be a bit on the higher side
Why We Love this Mattress
- The Bariatric Waterproof Incontinence Mattress is the best option for overweight bed-wetters.
- While majority of the units on the market come with a 300-pound maximum user weight capacity, even a full size version of this model is suitable for those weighing up to 500 pounds.
- It provides the right level of support and resiliency to meet the bed wetting protection needs of heavy adults without any part of the mattress sinking in.
Continental Waterproof - Orthopedic Mattress
It is equally suitable for keeping hospitals and nursing home patients comfortable without neglecting the hygiene standards of those facilities.
Are you are a parent shopping mattresses for kids? Or a professional tasked with purchasing the right mattress for hospices, hospitals, nursing homes, and similar institutions?
You can either choose a conventional mattress or box spring that will be a nightmare to clean and dry, or opt for the Continental Sleep Waterproof Orthopedic Mattress manufactured to thrive in those settings.
It comes with a vinyl cover that is super easy to clean and maintain for the comfort of your loved one or senior citizen in your care.
This model guarantees excellent waterproof protection thanks to its ability to block fluids. Thus, urinary incontinence can be the least of your problems.
- Keeps patients and kids comfortable so they can get all the rest they need
- True waterproof properties which block out all sorts of fluids to prevent the mattress from getting wet
- Completely sealed mattress with absolutely no zipper opening to meet the most stringent institutional standards
- Gives excellent return on investment
- Made in USA
- The foam around the edges feels a little squishy and bouncy
Why We Love this Mattress
- There are several reasons why we couldn’t keep our eyes off the Continental Sleep Waterproof Orthopedic Mattress.
- The specific attention to detail integrated into the mattress guarantee a great night’s sleep for everyone.
- It provides just the right level of support and spinal alignment to ensure restful sleeping all night long.
- In addition, the excellent foam padding allows consumers ample luxury to make sleeping a delight again.
Available in sizes ranging from Twin to Twin XL, as well as Full, and Full XL, it is not just perfect for kids and teens that have trouble keeping it in their bladders but adults as well.
The mattress is manufactured from quality medium-density foam which makes it perfect for the bedridden.
It offers world-class bed wetting protection for seriously ill patients who spend lots of time sleeping.
This waterproof sealed urine resistant bed is easy to clean even after several rounds of peeing on it. All you have to do is wipe it with a disinfectant such as Simple Green from top to bottom and it is good to go.
The foam integrated into the mattress has been tested and certified by CertiPUR-US to be completely safe from toxic chemicals.
Hence, it is free from Ozone Depleters, Mercury, Lead, Formaldehydes, and Phthalates.
Also, this incontinence mattress contains zero flame retardants such as PBDEs, TDCPP, or TCEPs.
- Available in a wide variety of sizes for kids and adult bedwetters
- Manufactured from medium density foam free from toxic chemicals
- Waterproof sealed urine resistance means bed is ready for use immediately after cleaning
- Features a zipper enclosure
Why We Love This Mattress
- The North American Bed-Wetting Mattress has got a lot going for it and this is why it remains such a popular choice.
- The extremely soft waterproof vinyl cover is bacterial-free and odor-resistant, ensuring that your loved one stays fresh even after multiple peeing sessions.
- Another great feature is the ability to flip the mattress over for extended use whenever the need arises.
Assure II Bed Mattress - Perfect for the Bedridden
It delivers optimal comfort , thanks to the awesome postural support available to all sleepers. The mattress contains multiple layers of foam of different densities to enable patients sleep in peace.
The Convoluted Foam Top and Bottom stays in shape even for those who are required to spend several hours in bed. The core center is very resilient to prevent any parts from sagging after continuous use.
Every inch of foam integrated by the manufacturer is CertiPUR-US certified. This means you or your loved one can sleep in peace without worrying about coming into contact with harmful chemicals.
It is also manufactured according to the standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission. This proves zero Phthalates and Low Volatile Organic Compound emissions to ensure world-class indoor air quality.
- It provides optimal comfort and excellent postural support to prevent body pains
- It utilizes CertiPUR-US Certified foam material
- It comes with a removable cover and nylon top manufactured from Polyurethane which is gentle on the skin
- Finding fitted sheets can be a nightmare
Why We Love this Mattress
- The Assure II General Patient and ICU Hospital Bed needs no introduction when it comes to the best bed-wetting mattresses.
- In addition, there’s a secondary fluid barrier which is thermally sealed between the cover and the foam itself to keep the mattress dry all day long.
- This guarantees 2-way protection i.e. for the foam in the event that the outer cover gets compromised and also to prevent the foam’s plasticizers from putting undue pressure on the cover which can cause it to become brittle.
Bed-Wetting Mattress Buying Guide
All urinary incontinence mattresses are not made same so it is important to find the very best one out there during shopping.
We've compiled the most comprehensive buying guide to help you choose the best urine-proof mattress.
Waterproof Mattress Protector For Bedwetters
Whether you own a bed-wetting mattress or regular model, a waterproof mattress protector can offer extra comfort.
It can also keep the main mattress in top shape and free from contact with urine and other body fluids.
The right protector can also repel dust mites, allergens, and other microorganisms.
What if you own a regular mattress? Well, the right waterproof mattress topper can be an affordable way to get all the benefits of a full-blown bed-wetting mattress without having to splash out on a dedicated model.
The Type of Foam
Bed-wetting mattresses generally fall into 2 categories: memory foam and innerspring. Each type offers a unique set of advantages.
After extensive tests, we found the memory foam top models to be the most luxurious option for sleeping comfort.
If you can’t afford a model with a complete memory foam top, find one with memory foam covering the heel region at least.
The Number of Layers
The number of layers of foam integrated into a specific model of mattress is one of the most important factors to consider. You can’t afford to ignore this when searching for a quality mattress for bed wetters.
Typically, the higher the number of layers, the higher the level of protection it offers against urine.
That being said, it is important to choose one that comes with at least 3 layers of quality foam.
This will ensure the proper level of cushioning desired by patients to enjoy their sleep.
The Mattress Cover
All mattresses designed for urinary incontinence should have one thing in common: a waterproof cover. If you are serious about getting the best comfort for your loved one, it is important to get the cover right as well.
We recommend choosing a mattress that comes with a cover manufactured from either vinyl or polyurethane material.
Fortunately, there are premium models from North American and other brands featuring polyurethane coated vinyl covers. This gives consumers the best of both worlds.
These covers add more years to the lifespan of the mattress thanks to their ability to protect them from not just urine but odors from sweat and other fluids as well.
If you're allergic to dust mites and other organisms which may reside inside the mattress, it is important to choose a model featuring a cover that delivers the necessary protection.
Also, the sealed cover should surround the entire length and breadth of the mattress to keep out moisture.
The Size of the Mattress
Your primary concern may be finding a mattress that protects against urine and other fluids. But, that doesn’t mean size should be ignored.
It is important to choose a size that gives the sleeper enough room to maneuver without falling off.
Twin is the most popular bed wetting mattress for kids while skinny teens can make do with Twin XL models. However, teens who are bigger will definitely feel more comfortable with anything from Full to Full XL mattresses.
Optimum sizes for adults range from Full to Queen mattresses depending on the individual’s preferences.
The importance of selecting an easy-to-clean urinary incontinence mattress cannot be overemphasized.
Unfortunately, the majority of people suffering from chronic conditions that affect the ability to control the bladder end up wetting their beds regularly.
Choosing a model that can be easily wiped with a mild disinfectant from top to bottom can be lifesaving.
With the need to clean daily and multiple times per day in some cases, who wants a model that can be a nightmare to clean and dry?
Incontinent adults and special needs kids spend more time in bed compared to others.
This is why it is important to choose a mattress that delivers perfect levels of cushioning to prevent pressure ulcers and the resultant body pains.
Sure, you may find a not so comfortable mattress that provides 5-star urine-proof capabilities. However, what’s the point of buying it if your kids or loved ones wake up in pain every single morning?
Choosing a mattress that delivers excellent postural support in the form of spinal re-alignment can be critical for your loved one.
Senior citizens, terminally ill patients, and others who live in nursing homes and other care facilities require all the comfort they can get.
Therefore, it is important to take their holistic comfort needs into consideration.
Maximum User Weight Capacity
Like regular models, bed wetting mattresses come with a maximum user weight capacity to serve as a guide to consumers.
No matter how much you love a particular model, avoid buying it if your weight is more than it can take.
Majority of the models in our 5 top picks come with weight capacities hovering around the 300-pound limit. But, the Bariatric Waterproof Incontinence Mattress accommodates those weighing up to 500 pounds.
Thus, it is the perfect option for overweight sleepers.
How much money can you comfortably spend on an incontinence mattress?
From just under $200 to $1,000, there’s a model out there for you. Thus, finding a great urine-resistant mattress should not be a problem no matter how much you can afford to spend.
Just analyze our top picks side by side in order to choose the one that meets your budget and performance needs.
Keep in mind that the most expensive options may come with more integrated support and performance features.
However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the less expensive options are in any way inferior.
We trust that you’re now in a position to purchase the best mattress for bed wetters for your kid or an incontinent adult.
Remember, each of the 5 models we've reviewed above offers excellent urine-proof properties as well as other unique benefits.
The Drive Medical Quick'n Easy Comfort Mattress is our top pick if it falls within your budget and current body weight thanks to its extensive features and support.
On the other hand, the Bariatric Waterproof/Incontinence Mattress is the obvious choice if you want a premium model with a higher weight capacity.