If you’re in a hurry and just looking for the best cooling mattress for hot sleepers, then the Snuggle-Pedic is the best one.
Tired of waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat? Has it gotten so bad that the thought of going to bed almost sounds scary?
Well, a cooling mattress can make your life so much easier.
Sure, your age, body type, room temperature, local climate, and personal preferences can be contributing factors to hot flushes and night sweats.
But, so can the type of mattress you sleep on.
Your climate, room temperature, body type, and age are factors you have no control over.
However, if your old mattress offers low breathability then you can get an easy reprieve. Choosing a model with advanced cooling properties could do wonders for your sleep.
This comprehensive guide doesn’t only feature the best mattress for hot sleepers on the market. It also reveals the necessary details and information to transform your sleep.
You can start the journey towards comfortable sleeping by checking out the quick comparison table below. This will help you analyze the features of the top cool sleeping mattresses available and choose the right one.
Top 5 Cooling Mattresses for Hot Sleepers
Ready to find that kick-ass mattress to keep you cozy every single night? Here are our top 5 picks available for sale right now. Pick any of these and you can be sure of ending up with a winner.
Snuggle-Pedic Mattress – Editor’s Choice
The Snuggle-Pedic is our number one pick if you’re looking for best mattress for hot sleepers.
Does your current model heat up in the summer, leading to frequent sweaty wake-ups in the middle of the night?
You’re in for a pleasant surprise.
It is United States-made by a team of industry engineers and experts with the most refined technologies. This guarantees superior sleeper comfort for everyone.
After your first night of sleeping on this mattress, you’d wish that you bought it earlier.
Each sleeper gets exceptional pressure relief thanks to the manufacturer’s renowned Flex-Support technology. However, unlike traditional gel-infused memory foam, the Snuggle-Pedic is actually easy to move around.
With a generous 4-month sleep trial available for each purchase, how can you get this mattress wrong?
The manufacturer also has a free customization policy that buyers can take advantage of. This policy guarantees that everyone ends up with a mattress that meets his or her personal needs inside out.
- Superior breathability when compared to rival models within the same price range
- All-American made and CertiPUR-US certification to contain low VOCs and Eco-friendly
- Universal comfort and perfect balance thanks to the heavy-duty lower layer
- Completely free 4-month sleep-trial
- Definitely not the cheapest cooling mattress out there
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Snuggle-Pedic mattress is a hot sleeper’s dream-come-true. With a patented Airflow Transfer System that delivers 100 times the breathability of other mattresses, you can kick those sweaty uncomfortable nights to the curb.Also, the Kool-Flow Extra Breathable Micro-Vented Cover is manufactured from a cocktail of breathable materials such as Lycra, viscose of bamboo, and polyester.
- This further lowers the temperature on your skin, ensuring complete coolness every single night.
Tuft & Needle Mattress – Bestselling Mattress on Amazon
The Tuft & Needle mattress is an excellent choice for anyone who sees little humor in waking up drenched in free-flowing sweat.
It is constructed from Tuft & Needle’s in-house developed Adaptive Memory Foam. This advanced material eliminates the drawbacks associated with latex and traditional memory foam.
It simply provides consumers with the quality of sleep they truly deserve.
Each purchase comes with a no-strings-attached 100-night sleep trial. So, you can get a first-hand experience of this cooling mattress without risking a penny.
Also, the honest 10-year manufacturer’s warranty ensures that customers get true value for their money after purchase.
The Tuft& Needle is compatible with all kinds of frames including box springs and adjustable beds. If you’ve got a thing for sleeping on the floor, it has got you covered as well.
This model is luxuriously soft and comfortable with just the right amount of bounce that works for you and your partner.
- Cradling comfort for everyone
- Localized bounce feature ensures couples with different sleeping patterns can avoid disturbing each other
- Proudly made in the United States
- Fully refundable 100-night sleep-trial with 10-year manufacturer warranty
- Consumers used to sleeping on soft mattresses may find it a bit on the firmer side
Why We Love This Mattress
- It integrates advanced grade Adaptive Foam which is exclusive to Tuft & Needle. This delivers superior properties when compared with regular materials such as Latex and memory foam.
- This foam sleeps exceptionally cool thanks to its built-in ability to quickly dissipate multiple sources of heat from the mattress. It is extremely supportive and bouncy and comes with a comfort rating that isn’t too firm or too soft.
- The Tuft & Needle is the internet’s number one mattress in terms of comfort. In fact, over 90% of the more than 10,000 reviewed customers on Amazon rate this model a 5 stars.
LinenSpa Innerspring Hybrid Mattress – Budget-Friendly
The LinenSpa Memory Foam – Innerspring Hybrid Mattress can be the perfect solution for hot sleepers. It is armed with loads of features that can transform your sleep to become memorable.
This cooling mattress combines the sinking and excellent pressure-relieving properties of memory foam with the support and world-class cooling features of innersprings.
This promotes complete sleeper comfort all night long.
The foams used by the manufacturer are CertiPUR-US certified for quality, safety, and environmental responsibility.
LinenSpa is confident enough to offer a 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects for the mattress and its cover. This is extra proof of the quality of its engineering.
Also, the LinenSpa is very sturdy so you can expect no dents regardless of the sleeper’s weight. This makes them a great cooling mattress for Plus Size consumers.
In fact, it sleeps so cool you may have to put on flannel sheets to make it a bit warm.
- Sleepers get the comfort and pressure point relief of memory foam as well as the support and breathability of innersprings
- Perfect for back, stomach, and side sleepers
- Available at a great price
- The mattress’ smell dissipates completely within 10 minutes of opening the box after the package arrives in your home
- Unless you’re very fit, moving the mattress to your bedroom may require help from another person
Why We Love This Mattress
- The LinenSpa Hybrid Mattress lets you eat your cake and have it, thanks to the perfect blend of top-notch memory foam and advanced quality coil springs.
- The quilted memory foam on top provides relief for all forms of body aches through its even weight distribution while the foam comfort layer delivers soft conforming luxury to the sleeper’s skin.
- The integration of a felt pad to insulate the coils further enhances the natural comfort and durability of the mattress. Also, the tempered steel coils offer greater back support with just the right amount of bounce.
Sunrising Bedding – Super Cool Hybrid Mattress
The Sunrising Bedding Hybrid Natural Latex Innerspring is suitable for hot sleepers from all walks of life.
It is one of the best hybrid models money can buy today so feel free to check out what it has to offer below.
It combines the best independently encased coils and the latest Talalay Latex technology so this is a model you won’t regret sleeping on.
The independently-encased support layer features 2.0mm diameter quenched-steel coils of the highest quality. These coils provide superior performance while preventing denting and sagging.
It offers an exceptional level of localized bounce across different critical zones of the mattress. Thus, you and your partner can move in and out of bed without disturbing each other.
Also, the Talalay latex offers pressure relief in the joints by providing an instant response to movements. This leads to alleviation of all forms of body pains so you can wake up feeling fresh and ready to begin your day.
- Protects against allergens, dust mites, and molds
- Powerful temperature regulation prevents you from sleeping hot
- Orthopedic relief for neck, shoulders, and back pain
- Provides comfort for stomach, side, and back sleepers
- The independent coils offer localized bounce for you and your partner to prevent disturbing each other
- You may find it a bit firm if you’re used to extremely soft mattresses
- The Sunrising Bedding Hybrid Natural Latex Innerspring Mattress provides exceptional breathability that trumps other rival hybrids.
- Latex-innerspring hybrids are renowned for their ability to make everyone sleep cool. But, the Sunrising Bedding takes coolness to a whole new level.
- It offers perfect elasticity and comfort levels you would love to experience while the practically affordable price tag makes it even more attractive.
Dreamfoam Bedding – Superior Energex Mattress
The Dreamfoam Arctic Dreams has finally dispelled the notion that all memory foams sleep hot.
It delivers quality and crisp sleep thanks to the use of higher-grade gel-infused breathable memory foam.
The top layer sports a 0.75” soft quilting material. The 2nd and 3rd layers feature a 2.5” fast response Energex gel foam and 6.75 inches of high density Polyurethane foam.
It is available in sizes ranging from Twin to Full as well Full XL, Short Queen, Queen, King, and California King. In addition, consumers get to choose their preferred densities such as 8, 10, and 12 inches.
If you’ve been screwed by inferior, foreign-made mattresses in the past, you’ll find the Arctic Dreams a welcome relief.
It is an all-American made model from a manufacturer with a commitment to providing some of the most durable and comfortable mattresses on the market.
- Super breathable memory foam ensures you sleep cool even during hot and humid weather
- Contains no harmful chemicals like lead, mercury, heavy metals, and ozone depleters
- Proudly made in the USA
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Lack of a removable machine washable cover
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Arctic Dreams cooling gel mattress allows you to escape the heat associated with traditional memory foam. It features Energex, which is a superior form of Visco Elastic Memory Foam minus the slow recovery process.
- The cool, open-cell polymer structure of Energex makes it a better alternative to Latex and innersprings while delivering outstanding pressure point and pain relief.
- It is hands down the coolest memory foam mattress you’ll ever sleep on and the fact that it delivers similar bounce to Latex, makes it even more desirable among consumers.
- No wonder it remains one of the bestselling cooling mattresses for hot sleepers at the moment.
Which Materials Make the Best Cooling Mattresses?
The type of mattress you own can independently determine how hot or cool you sleep.
For naturally hot sleepers and those who live in humid regions, choosing the wrong type of mattress can be suicidal.
But how do you determine the right cooling mattress when you have no clue which component materials promote airflow?
The good news is that every single one of our top picks has been specifically loaded with advanced features. These integrated technologies guarantee that you do not have to live in the North Pole to sleep cozy.
Innerspring mattresses used to be the go-to models in the United States. This was before Latex and memory foam became mainstream a few decades ago. Their affordable price tags and robust frames means they’re still very popular especially among older consumers.
Innerspring mattresses usually feature a top layer made from a specific type of foam backed by a support base of spring coils.
These spring coils come in 2 main forms i.e. individually encased and bundled springs.
In our experience, Individually Encased models make the best innerspring mattresses for hot sleepers.
The exceptional levels of heat transfer spring coil mattresses offer make them the most breathable on the market. Get one of these and sleeping hot should instantly become a thing of the past.
A hybrid mattress is perfect for anyone who wants to get the best of both worlds. It allows sleepers to enjoy the benefits of either memory foam or latex foam material without compromises.
They are typically constructed with a top layer featuring memory foam or latex foam and a spring coiled support layer.
Memory Foam + Coil HybridModels offer excellent sinkage by enabling the foam to hug the sleeper’s body. The coils located in the support base allow greater airflow to deliver exceptional levels of coolness.
Latex Foam + Coil Hybrid Models feature a top layer that delivers excellent bounce. The coils that serve as the support layer provide world-class airflow for genuine comfort all night long.
Top Cooling Bedding Accessories for Hot Sleepers
Changing your mattress isn’t always a viable option. This could be because you cannot afford to splash out on a mattress right now.
Also, you may simply love the look and feel of your current mattress in spite of the airflow issues.
Whatever the circumstances, ordering a new mattress is not the only option you have.
Here are a few ways to sleep cool and comfortable again without buying a brand new mattress.
The Bedjet is a revolutionary product that can help you sleep cool or warm regardless of room temperature.
This bed cooling system works by blowing either hot or cool conditioned air between bed sheets to enable sleep tranquility.
When feeling hot, just blow cool air into your sheets and vice versa. This innovative sleeping accessory is a surefire way to sleep cool on any type of mattress.
It is perfect for everyone regardless of personal circumstances such as age, weight, and room temperature.
If you prefer keeping your current mattress, you should consider this sleep cooling system.
Cooling Mattress Topper
A mattress topper is simply a 2-4-inch pad you can place on top of a regular mattress.
These special cooling toppers consists of multiple built-in airflow channels. This promotes exceptional heat conduction and distribution of air even when you place them on top of mattresses that sleep hot by default.
A cooling mattress topper is a smart way to keep your current mattress without compromising on sleep quality.
Many hot sleepers with smaller budgets go for toppers. Who says you cannot enjoy sleeping again without splashing out on a brand new mattress set?
Best Types of cooling mattresses
Here are the best types of mattresses for anyone who wants to sleep cool.
Latex foam mattresses are quite popular with hot sleepers due to their numerous advantages.
They offer world-class heat conduction capabilities. As a result, room temperature usually has little to no effect on it.
Thus, hot sleepers living in humid and temperate regions can sleep breezy each night.
In addition, latex foam mattress brands are integrating open cell designs into the latest models to further enhance breathability.
Latex comes in 2 main forms i.e. Natural and Synthetic.
Synthetic latex mattresses are usually cheaper than those made from natural latex material. This can make them an attractive option when cash is tight.
Natural latex foam mattresses offer more air flow. This is why we recommend them for those who suffer hot flushes and night sweats.
If you decide to choose latex, be sure to verify that it is indeed natural because breathability can be a bit limited in some synthetic models.
Gel foam mattresses have been gaining lots of market traction in the last decade or so. They come in several forms ranging from traditional foams to memory foam.
Gel’s growing reputation as an awesome conductor of heat means several manufacturers are integrating gel beads into their product lines. These beads absorb heat from the sleeper’s body to prevent sweating.
The result is highly breathable mattresses that guarantee cozy sleeping throughout the night. Gel mattresses function well regardless of room temperature and other personal circumstances.
The only downside is that gel beads do not have the capacity to absorb unlimited amounts of heat. As such, those mattresses can start heating up once the beads reach their absorption capacity.
Traditional memory foam might be the worst conductor of heat among the major foam types on the market right now.
The poor heat transfer is caused by the elastic properties of memory foam which enables automatic conformation.
Does this mean every memory foam mattress sleeps hot? The simple answer is no because leading brands are infusing several layers of gel in their models before release.
If you’re desperate to find a memory foam mattress that stays cool, choose one integrated with gel beads.
The gel component supercharges each mattress’ airflow channels to make them more breathable.
This is why gel-infused memory foam models are some of the best cooling mattresses money can buy at the moment.
Effects of Mattress Covers on Cooling
Only a small percentage of consumers pay any attention to mattress covers during shopping. However, this can be a grave mistake that can come back to haunt you down the line.
In most cases, the mattress cover material can have a huge effect on how hot or cool you sleep.
Generally, cooling is enhanced when the cover features minimalist material as this can improve airflow inside out.
The main types of mattress covers available for sale right now are as follows:
If you own a more traditional kind of mattress, you’re probably sleeping on one of these types of covers already.
Quilted covers come with the advantage of a more luxurious look and feel. In the absence of bed sheets quilted covers can be lifesaving.
The majority of consumers report being able to directly sleep on mattresses with quilted covers quite comfortably.
Unfortunately, they can heat up pretty quick so you may have to look elsewhere as a hot sleeper.
These are the thin covers commonly found in the majority of mattresses available on the market.
Leading manufacturers are opting for thin mattress covers to minimize the heating problems associated with the quilted ones.
It must also be noted that the use of thin covers decreases production costs.
Thus, manufacturers are able to pass down the savings directly to consumers.
Non-quilted covers simply make the best cooling mattresses for hot sleepers.
Cooling & Mattress Softness
Do softer mattresses sleep hotter than medium and firmer models? The short answer is yes.
Conclusive results from our tests prove that the higher the amount of material your skin makes contact with during sleeping, the warmer you feel.
As a rule of thumb, the sinkage in softer mattresses is usually greater when compared to medium and extra firm models.
But what if you’re a hot sleeper who prefers a soft mattress? Our advice is to search for a model that offers the perfect combination of coolness and softness.
Failure to do this can result in continued breathability problems down the line.
Due to the lower sinkage, Medium and Firmer mattresses tend to sleep cooler by nature. They don’t hug and encase your body like their softer counterparts, ensuring a quicker dissipation of body heat.
This is the reason why many industry experts recommend firmer mattresses for those who sleep hot.
Consumers are reaping numerous benefits from the continued advancements in mattress technology. Thankfully, finding a mattress that meets your body temperature and overall comfort needs is now possible.
Congratulations on reading this mammoth guide that specifies everything you need to know to find the best cooling mattress for hot sleepers.
We believe the Snuggle-Pedic is the top option available due to the brand’s commitment to maximizing air flow. But, the Tuft & Needle and the others are equally great models.
So feel free to choose your preferred model with confidence.